About the grant
Materials and submission form available by December 1, 2023.
Each grant will be due at 11:59pm, February 26, 2024.
Grant committees will meet in the following 30-60 days.
Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2024.
The Strategic Initiatives-International grant is open to:
- Single or co-applicants who directly support student learning and the student experience at UVic (includes research and teaching stream faculty, sessional lecturers, laboratory instructors and relevant academic and professional staff)
- Early-career academic professionals or those new to UVic are especially encouraged to apply
- Previous grant recipients for any LTSI grant (if your grant is still active, you must submit obligations prior to be considered for another grant)
Preference will be given to those with continued appointments. If you are a sessional instructor and you are designing/re-designing a course, we may also ask you and your Chair/Director to indicate that you are likely to teach the course again in the future.
- clear specific statement of what the applicant would like to achieve;
- well-articulated plan for how to proceed and principles that will guide the process;
- description of the proposed significance of the project in terms of contributions to teaching and student learning and UVic’s commitment to internationalization and the values of equity, diversity and inclusion and belonging;
- brief, targeted review of the literature that supports the plan;
- plan for sharing the project goals and outcomes to appropriate audiences;
- sustainable budget with justification for each item; and,
- any additional supports from LTSI or other campus partners that might be helpful for your project.
Please note: You cannot apply to more than one LTSI grant in the same year for the same project.
- Kerstin Heilgenberg, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business
The impact of Racial Microaggressions on Team Work ($1,286.80)
- Dan Russek, Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies
Soccer, Society and Culture in the Hispanic World: a New Online Course ($4,750)