In case a student did not submit an assignment and you would still like to provide them with feedback, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to Course Tools > Assignments tab. Expand the “v” menu next to the Assignment in question and select View Submissions.
2. Click on “Show Search Options”.
3. Select from the drop-down of ‘Submissions’ > ‘Users without submissions’ and click on the ‘Search Button (magnifier glass)’.
4. After doing that you will be able to see all the Users who have not submitted the assignment (Scroll down). Click on the user you want to add feedback to.
5. Here you can add the grades and upload the file by clicking on ‘Add file’. After adding the file, you can either save it as a draft or publish.