1. Assignments Start, End, and Due Dates can be set under Edit Assignment Restriction tab. There are text boxes for all three date settings. A date can be selected by clicking on the box to a calendar date or manually typing a date. A textbox for the time will appear as a dropdown menu in intervals of 30 minutes. Time can be manually typed as well.
2. If an assignment has a future Start Date, learners are not able to submit it before the Start Date is reached. The assignment opens on the Start Date
3. The Due Date needs to be before or equal to the End Date.
4. The Hide from Users option has overriding control of whether the Assignment will be visible to learners.
5. If an assignment has a different Due Date and End Date, learners can submit an assignment after the Due Date but before the End Date passes. If a learner submits an assignment after the Due Date and before the End Date, it shows assignment submitted as late.
6. An assignment becomes unclickable for learners if it is outside the End Date. Learners are not able to submit an assignment after the End Date.
The video tutorial below will show you how to add restrictions to an assignment, this would ensure students go through your course at a pace set by you.
For more information about “Assignments” click here