The Quizzes tool enables instructors to create and manage points-measured assessments, ranging from low-stakes quizzes to final exams. Quizzes results can be automatically or manually graded and be displayed in the Grades. There are multiple ways to control number of attempts, security, and more.
Why is the quizzes tool used?
Quizzes can be used in courses to:
- Perform ongoing assessment of learner understanding.
- Create formative and summative assessments.
- Provide a variety of question types and multi-media
- Evaluate quiz data to measure instruction effectiveness.
- Share feedback in a timely and effective manner
With classes moving online, many exams will be administered in Brightspace using the Quiz tool.
How do I create a quiz
- To create a new quiz, go to Course Tools in the Navigation bar and choose Quizzes. Click the blue New Quiz button.
- To administer a quiz to students, add it to Course Content.
As a shortcut, instructors and students can also see a list of Quizzes for a course from the “Course Tools” dropdown menu. For information on how to set up a quiz, visit how do I add a quiz to my course?
How do students take a quiz in Brightspace?
When starting a quiz, learners see all necessary information, including instructions, time restrictions, number of attempts allowed, number of attempts already made, etc.
Once the quiz is finished, all learners should be sure to hit ‘submit’ to ensure their attempt is recorded.
After the attempt is submitted and reviewed, learners can click Done to exit the quiz.