Once at the beginning of each term when you sign into Brightspace, you will be asked to agree to the following terms and conditions:
Brightspace is UVic’s primary platform for learning and teaching, having replaced CourseSpaces.
When you log into Brightspace and interact within the university community and with UVic’s online learning resources, you are subject to university policies and expectations including:
• Online Student Conduct for respectful and supportive learning environments;
• Academic Integrity adhering to the ethical values of honesty, trust, fairness, respect and responsibility;
• Copyright for legal protection to original works of authorship;
• Non-academic Misconduct which applies to students participating in university activity
• Protection of Privacy, Security and Acceptable use of Electronic Information Resources
Student personal information is used in Brightspace for the purpose of facilitating learning, teaching, student collaboration, and participation in registered courses and community sites. Your name and preferred email address will be visible to other students using Brightspace. You can specify on your MyPage whether Brightspace uses your personal email address or your uvic.ca email address. UVic recommends that you use your uvic.ca email address for university activity.
Brightspace is compliant with BC privacy law and meets UVic’s rigourous security requirements. It is important to be aware of privacy and security in all online systems; be careful with your personal information and do not share information about yourself that you do not want others to see.
If you have questions or concerns about your use of Brightspace, please contact email@example.com