There are number of ways to take handwriting online in Zoom:
- Use Zoom’s basic Annotation Tools.
- Annotation can be used in two ways. You can annotate using Whiteboard or you can click the Annotate button while screen sharing. Whichever method you choose, the annotation tool is best used with a touch screen and stylus.
- Whiteboard imitates the classroom experience by allowing you to write or type freely on a blank canvas.
- To access the Whiteboard tool, click the screen share button and select the Whiteboard option and then click Share.
- Annotation and Whiteboard provide the option to enable or restrict students from annotating with you.
- Use your phone / tablet as a document camera: Plug your mobile device into your computer, Click screen share, and choose the “iPhone/iPad via Cable option” This allows you two cameras to be used at once with one focused on your writing and one focused on you. Alternatively, join a meeting on your phone as a second camera.